Saturday, December 25, 2004

Twas the night before ....

Christmas and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, except for me.

Yes, I'm still awake. It is quarter to 1 in the am. I'm still awake. My children are in bed, probably dreaming of all the fun toys Santa will bring them. My husband is in bed, probably dreaming of having nothing to do. And here I am. Awake. At a computer.

"Santa" has already come. He left the few presents he brings the kids. We had 2 parties we went to today. The kids scored a bunch more presents. I seriously believe that for the month of December we literally doubled all the toys at this house! Tomorrow they will wake up to more presents. And then we will go to another party where they will each recieve at least 2 more. There are toys everywhere! So far they seem to like all of them though, and that's something to be thankful for.

The party at our house went fabulously tonight. Thank goodness for that - I was extremely nervous honestly. Afraid it would be a disaster that would blow up in our faces. Looking back now, it wasn't that hard to get ready. Fortunatly, everyone brings something to eat, so we didn't have to prepare ALL the food, just a portion. And I was really cleaning over the last few days, so there was not a rush to get it all done this morning. I even told dh, I would be willing to do it again next year if he was. He is. And the good news is that we will probably remain in this house through next Christmas as well.

Until this week, we have had no idea where we would be come summertime. Dh talked to his grandparents, we have an invitation to remain here for the next few years (the original plan was for about one year). We will continue to help out with household items (from repairs, to general cleaning, to whatever they ask us to do basically! LOL!). I am so excited. I love it here. I really do. I love it here when his grandparents are in town. And I love it here when they are not in town. I love all the fun activities for the kids and I to do. This house is gorgeous and big and roomy. My children are happy here. I am happy here. My dh is happy here. And the most important thing is that the grandparents are happy with us here (well, at least that is what they say and I think they would tell us if they felt differently). Of course now, that opens a whole new can of worms in terms of where our priorities need to lie and all of that jazz, but we'll figure it out. I think the next weekend will be a big "thinking" weekend for dh and I. A time to do some planning, thinking, refiguring, etc, etc, etc. We'll get there though. And it will be good.

Dh and are I talking today. We still have not "discussed" what happened last night. I hate to say it, but I'm not sure that we ever will. We can't get a kid-free moment, and we most certainly don't want to do it in front of them. Not that we yell, but you just never know what they will hear or pick up on. I don't want to risk it.

Well, off to bed I should go. I don't want to be the tired crabby mommy in the video tomorrow morning! LOL! I hope that everyone else has a very merry Christmas time! =)

No comments: