Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Here I sit ....

still awake, on the computer, on the couch in the living room.
Across from me on the other couch is my dd. She woke up not long ago, just in time to throw up. Again. She is asking for food and water. I'm not giving them to her. :-(
I remember hearing once that if a stomach is unsettled, adding more food/drink to it will make the person throw up again, even if the illness is passed. So I did let her have a sip of water, but I'm making her wait for anything else.
And she just complained about her stomach again ... so I have a feeling that she will be throwing up again. Poor kiddo. I just don't know what to do for her. She is such a trooper though. Just hanging in there. Laying on the couch, with a bucket by her side and a her stuffed horse on the other side. And now she is saying she doesn't want any food anymore :-(
I hate watching my kids get sick. I hate that I can't just snap my fingers and make her feel all better. I think one of the worst feelings is the "I can't make it better for you" feeling. :-(

No comments: