Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Too many options....

I am on a search. A search to find a church for me and my family. Well, for me and my children.
I looked it up. There are 38 just in my one town. I know for sure that I do not want to attend Catholic or Lutheran churches. I am clueless about every other denomination out there. I think there are about 13 denominations represented in this town.
I tried to visit some websites to see if I could rule any out, but most of the websites were (IMO) cheesy. We are here to worship the Lord. We believe in God and that Jesus is His son. We believe in love, peace, harmony, blah, blah, blah ...
I wish that I could find more concrete information. I don't really want to visit 20 churches. I would like to try to maybe limit it to 2 or 3 to visit. And hopefully find one that I like and enjoy. And if not, I'll pick a few more to try out (maybe branching out into surrounding towns).
I just wish it weren't so hard to find a spot. I wish there weren't so many denominations to try to weed through.
Hopefully we'll figure it all out eventually.

No comments: