Monday, January 24, 2005

These boots were made for walking ....

Today I bought me some new boots. I don't own any currently. It was a tiny problem this last weekend, when I took my kids in 9" of snow in tennis shoes! So today I decided, I would get boots ...
So I went shopping and went to the boot section. There were lots of boots I didn't like, a few I liked but were out of my price range, but then I found a good, comfy, warm boot that was in my price range. While waiting to request my size (it was so busy there today!) I noticed some pink boots. So to be funny I tried them on!
My 5 year old LOVED them! And my mom said they were really cute and so I did the unthinkable - I bought them! Pink boots. I know own pink boots. (I also own the comfy warm other boots too! LOL!)
When dh came home from work today, I showed him my new pink boots. He laughed! He asked when I would return them. So I told him I loved them and didn't want to return them. So now we have a deal ... he says everytime it rains (they are really rain boots and not snow boots), he is going to remind me to wear my pink boots. I told him I didn't care and just to prove it, I wore them when I went out tonight! They really do keep my feet dry, they just let all the cold in!
Anyway, I have to laugh because I hate attention. I hate thinking that someone might be staring at me. I usually dress extremely boring and unbright and unnoticable just so that I don't have to worry about people looking at me.
And yet, I now own a pair of pink boots! I will have to get someone to take my picture in them tomorrow to share ... I suppose if I'm going to walk around in them, I might as well show them off! ROFL!!

1 comment:

Tina said...

Oh, I hope you get lots of attention, and I hope you actually love it!

Pink boots sound like fun!