Tuesday, January 25, 2005

A first ...

Today I made a first of many ... I made my first big homeschooling purchase!! I invested in Math·U·See, but I bought it second-hand! It is so thrilling!! I wonder when it will get here ... we'll see if my 5 year old is excited as I am.

I may be investing in some other things as well ... who knows. It's hard to decide what to buy, if anything, because I have a conference coming up and I know I will be able to see things there in person and get a chance to really look over material. But, it's hard to pass up a good deal! LOL!

On another front, we also recieved confirmation that she could do the science fair. One of the rules said everything had to be written by the child, but there was a disclaimer that parents could help where needed, so I doubled checked to make sure that meant we could actually write for her, as long as she dictated to us what was to be written. And they said yes, but she may loose a few points because of that. Kind of confusing, but right now, dh and I are looking at it is a good experience for her. She is in a category of k-4th grade ... no way is she even going to be close to winning with that spread. But she is excited to do it and we are excited for her to do it as well! So all and all, it will be a blast and I really pray it will be a positive experience overall =)

No comments: