Monday, January 17, 2005

Ouch ....

Last night I fell in our basement. On the concrete floor.
Ouch.
Pretty much I hurt my: right ankle, left ankle, left hip, left wrist, left shoulder, left knee.
I have a big bruise on my knee. I don't like it!
There were puddles of water down there. I thougth I had missed them all, but realized I didn't as I came crashing down onto the floor. Apparently I screamed. I know I let out some sort of noise, but didn't realize how loudly until my dh came down to see what was going on. By that time I was walking and heading towards our room. I had something far more important to tell him than I fell.
I had to tell him the basement was flooding with water from the water filter. The same filter he had attempted to change earlier in the day. Not only did he not end up changing up, but he also ended up putting it back on incorrectly so that water was flowing out of the water filter instead of running through the pipes.
So last night at midnight he was cleaning up a surprisingly large amount of water while I was trying not to cry from my fall.
But here we are today. The basement is dry. I am okay, outside of being a bit sore.
And hopefully there will be no more falling for me!

No comments: