Thursday, November 30, 2006

Sleep Update ....

I know, I've been doing a lot of sleep talk these days, but it's the big issue around this house right now!
Tonight, all on his own - no need to turn off all the lights and lay in darkness. Tonight at around 10:00 my son came up and wanted to nurse, and then he fell asleep. It is now 10:13 and he is in crib, tucked in, all asleep, and I am so extremely excited it's unbelievable.
I think we'll see how the next few nights go. Next week I'd like to take him to the bedroom, turn off lights and lay him in his crib and try to get him to sleep that way. But for now, I'm going to enjoy the fact that we are getting him on a sort of schedule, that we didn't have to do it through tears and crying but did it in a more gentle manor and that I have not permanently screwed up my last child through the course the last year (which has been my fear as my family's life for the last few years has spent more time revolving around other people's needs and not our family's needs all the time).
And now I can rest easy knowing that all is not lost, there is hope, and I can now look back fondly on the last few years and focus on the good times instead of thinking about the negative.
Life is good indeed right now.

No comments: