Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Happy news ....

Tonight I spent way more time than I should have looking up houses on-line.
The good news is that I actually found a few I want to go look at that are in our price range. I was positive there would be absolutely nothing and dh and I would have to completely readjust what we were searching for in a house.
It seems though we need to only do some minor tweaking and hopefully we will get something close to what we would like.
It will be interesting to see what the market does though ... we keep hearing that it's a buyer's market and might end up becoming more of a buyer's market as winter nears. Of course that is good news for dh and I.
Obviously we know the top number the bank will approve us for and the top number we want to spend (which is interesting because the bank has pre-approved us for a number higher than the highest we want to go because we'd rather not end up in foreclosure in a year or two - I wonder if the banks try to set us up for failure). But I even managed to find a few homes that are below our top number. Which would be even better because that means there would be money left to decorate and furnish the house we might possibly want to buy. And I think furniture would be super and decorating would be good.
I feel happy with how things are. A huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders, I don't have to wonder anymore. I know. I know we are going to move. House hunting has begun. Dh filled out the papers to pre-approve us and I'm calling the realtor tomorrow.
I feel like we are sitting pretty right now.
Hopefully soon I will be writing about actual visits to homes and possibly talking about offers and contracts and packing and moving! YEAH!

No comments: