Sunday, November 19, 2006

In the blink of an eye ....

the weekend just flew by! I can't believe that it's Sunday night already.
I hate the end of the weekend because it means dh will be back at work. And I quite enjoy having him around the house.
So yesterday was a pretty good day - slept in late (woo-hoo!), went to a birthday party with the kids, then the drive into downtown Chicago to the Museum of Science and Industry, where my dh's company had a holiday party. It was so much fun! The kids really enjoyed themselves and dh and I had a good time. We've been doing this party for the last 6 years (minus 2002) and I have to say, last night was the most fun we've had at this party and I firmly believe it's because I have changed so much recently in not being so nervous/anxious/worried, and being more relaxed and just having fun! I rather like not being so anxious. I wish I could have grasped this feeling long before just recently.
So a good time was had by all - plenty of mingling with coworkers (and bosses LOL!) and playing with the exhibits and all that jazz.
We made it home and laid all the kids down. For the first time in almost 2 weeks, babyboy and slept in our bedroom. Which started out pretty well but he woke up more often than he has in almost 2 weeks (so we are back in the basement for tonight). It wouldn't have been so bad that he woke up more frequently, except that around 1am, my 4 year old started throwing up. We thought at first it was probably because today was a day full of lots of treats. But then she threw up again. And then again and it continued until 11am. Poor thing. Thankfully she has not had any more episodes today, but she has had nothing by liquids today and all in small amounts so as to not upset the tummy anymore! And it sounds like babyboy is getting sick so we up'd his breathing treatments again today.
Ahhh ... it's never boring around here, that's for sure!

Now, in between all the sickness and illness and laundry and clean-up, dh and I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Bears win their game today! Woo-hoo! It's always nice to watch the game when your team is winning!

Tomorrow I will go look at a few houses (provided no one else gets the little stomach virus 4 year old had today). The kids were supposed to sleep at my mom's, but we've cancelled that just in case someone else gets it. I can't wait to actually go inside houses and look at them and maybe fall in love with one! I've been ready to buy a house since January so this will be VERY good to go looking =)

No comments: