Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Grocery shopping ....

So last week, when we were waiting to here "They've accepted your offer" dh and I put together a budget to live off of when we get a mortgage.
Of course, they didn't accept our offer, we are still searching for a house, HOWEVER - I have decided that I should start trying to live by the budget anyway because it would be good practice, right?
So we decided that the grocery budget should be 500 a month (in a 4 week month) which gives us 125 a week.
Before we moved in here we were spending roughly 80 a week on groceries so this seemed pretty reasonable to us. Surely sounded good to me!
So for this weeks groceries, I have spent 180.00. Oh. My. Gosh.
How did that happen? The really sad part - is I planned my meals, bought what we needed, only a few extras (approximately 15.00 worth of "extras"), didn't get any paper products or diapers or anything like that.
I need to figure out a way to cut that grocery bill! I'm hoping that maybe some of what I bought today will last longer than one week (i.e. I bought a ton of lunch meat/cheese) which might get us 2 weeks. I stocked up on fruits and veggies. So maybe that will last 2 weeks?
Ugh. I guess our budget needs a bit of tweaking. And I guess I need to figure out a way to save more money!

On other news:
Babyboy made it al night in the crib (once I got him to sleep that is LOL!). I thought for sure we were headed for a night of up and down and up and down. He woke up two times and just needed to have his pacifier given to him - once pretty soon after I layed him down and at 4am the second time. Then he was out until 7:30 where he woke up and wanted to eat. He looked around like where am I? What am I in? Get me out mom!!
So that was good ... now if we could just get him to go to bed earlier I'd be pretty happy with where we are headed with him ....

No comments: