Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Maybe ....

Just maybe ....
Maybe we found a house. I don't know.
I don't want to jinx it. I'm afraid it will sell tonight.
It has 4 bedrooms, basement and sub-basement. The kitchen was just redone. The floors in the main area are new. It has a upper deck and lower deck. It has a pool. It has a decent yard. It is in a nice neighborhood. It backs up to woods.

The windows aren't in great shape. The furnace/water heater aren't new. The paint in the bedroom area needs to be redone. Probably the carpet in the bedroom area needs to be redone. The deck needs to be stained/protected. Aside from the windows, all pretty easy fixes I think.

The house doesn't scare me. The neighborhood doesn't scare me. It's kind of smack in the middle of all the places we go.

I have seen it twice now. Dh has seen it once. Tomorrow we will drive there again. We have slated an hour to an hour and a half just driving around the area - seeing are there parks, where are the stores, is it close to shopping, places to take the kids, to the library, the park district, etc, etc.

I am very excited about this. The more I think about it, the more I want that house.
Dh didn't like it very much. We showed him another house in our price range (not half as nice) and he got it. And he now likes it too LOL!

We'll see ... stay tuned for more details.

No comments: