Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Blah, blah, blah ....

I don't normally get a lot of phone calls. Really, it's because I don't have a lot of friends and telemarketers haven't gotten my number just yet. So my phone harldy rings. My mom calls. One aunt calls. And then once a week I might get a call that is not my mom, or aunt, or husband.
This week, I have racked up roughly 20 messages on my phone and it's only Wednesday! Apparently a memo went out that said to call me, except everyone keeps calling when I'm in the bathroom - either for me or a child, changing a diaper, nursing a baby and can't reach the phone or when I'm on one floor of the house and the phone is on another.
So I have all these messages. And then I call people back. Some of them I got right away and some are playing tag with me (yes, I have two people have been exchanging phone messages with me).
Holy moly. I am not sure what to do with all these calls I am getting. Be happy I guess? Yes. I will be happy. Several are from moms club members that I had to call as part of my duty as president.
I have an appointment to go house shopping now. I am trying to set up a play date for my 4 year old. We have a kid party to go to tomorrow. A card party I am trying to plan for here. Working on setting up a board meeting for moms club here. Trying to put together a dinner with some people we know.
All of a sudden I feel so busy. And so talkative. And so I will talk away as the phone rings and the messages come in and plans get made. I'm kind of enjoying this new-found business. But yet at the same time, part of me wants to turn the phone off and not talk to anyone for a few days!

No comments: