Friday, October 06, 2006

Greetings from ...

Kentucky!
The hotel has free internet access, and well, I had to take advantage of it!
Pretty soon, wireless internet access will be standard for every hotel and my kids will laugh when I tell them when I was growing up I didn't have an e-mail address until high school and no wireless or high speed connections! LOL!
So we had a pretty uneventful drive - kids did super. I took draminine literally moments away from leaving our driveway which knocked me out for over half the drive! Babyboy fussed a bit in the middle, but then was great the rest of the way. So we made it in one piece. The rehersal went pretty well. It was hard for me as I wanted to step in and make suggestions on how to do the ceremony - yeah, so I can be a bit of a control freak at times ;-) But I kept my mouth shut aside from a few points that I thought were pretty important. I told dh maybe when I grow up I might be a wedding planner and wouldn't that be fun. He smiled and said "sure dear" (as pretty much several times a year I proclaim what I will be when I have to enter the workforce after the children are gone! Of course it's always something different! LOL!)
Anyway, the dinner tonight was fun. The girls stayed with sitter and we brought the baby with us (we discovered this am we only have about 7 ounces of milk for him with us so we brought him tonight so we could leave him with bottles tomorrow). He again did super, and we had fun at the dinner as well.
I still can't believe that this wedding is tomorrow! This is my dh's best friend of 25 years - I can't imagine - I've barely been alive for 25 years. But they are great friends, and so by default I have become pretty good friends with groom and friends with bride and so this wedding will be so wonderful tomorrow to witness and be a part of (even if it's just delivering flowers and my husband to the church on time! LOL!)

Well, I still have to hem my dress - nothing like waiting until the last minute, huh?
I can't wait for tomorrow - it will be so fun!

No comments: