Saturday, March 12, 2005

Her you go ....

Since a couple of you asked about the speaker I spoke of yesterday, his name is David Albert.
http://www.skylarksings.com/index.php
That is his website.
He has 2 books published so far ...
Homeschooling and the Voyage of Self-Discovery: A Journey of Original Seeking and And the Skylark Sings with Me: Adventures in Homeschooling and Community-Based Education (you'll see them both on the website).
However, neither of these books are about 6 and 7's per se. They are about homeschooling. The Skylark book is really about his experience with homeschooling his eldest daughter (well I believe it's his eldest daughter). The other is about homeschooling in general. However, he has a wealth of information and some other great books he is selling at his website. I bought both his books today and he autographed them for me (yeah!!). I also bought another book he recommended and I hope that I will enjoy it greatly!
I sat in on another seminar he did today. Again, I think about 20 lightbulbs turned on over my head! I don't know why, but I felt like he was talking to me about my children today! That's good ... it means his seminar was time well spent for me! =)
His next book should be out this fall ... again a general homeschooling book, and I'm anxious for it to come out so I can get my hands on it!

Back to the conference, today was an amazing day! Filled my mind with facts, and stories, and things, and so many good feelings and wonderful moments! We talked to 2 familes ... one of which lives very near me and we will possibly get together in the future, another who lives about an hour away, and we will probably correspond through e-mail with our 5's being penpals possibly ... which will be so great for her =)
It was such a wonderful day. I feel like I'm on a high from it! It just really brought me to a better spot. I knew I wanted to homeschool before, but not I feel like it all makes a little bit more sense, and my drive and determination to do it for them has become stronger just in this 2 day span! It's incredible how that can happen. Just amazing really!

No comments: