Thursday, May 31, 2007

Lots to say ...

So many things have been bouncing around in my head lately ...

- My weekend was fabulous. It ended much too soon. We really need to get together with dh's family more often. They are all really nice and friendly and I do enjoy our time with them. And I feel sad that I don't know them better than we do. I should start sending out letters or something to them on a more regular basis. What's even sadder? One of his uncles lives maybe 45 minutes from us and we only see them at these family get togethers. Very sad indeed. Although, sometimes it feels awkward to be there with the only little ones and to be at such different stages in life. However, I think our little ones at the party helps make everyone else feel young as they play with my kiddos - which they all do quite well in fact!

- Dh and I have decided I will stay home this weekend with Little Man. He didn't fare well in the car, and this weekend dh will be driving about 30 minutes farther than we did this weekend. Now I know someone is thinking Little Man won't be a great traveler unless we get him used to traveling. The fact of the matter is that we have no trips planned until maybe next summer? And frankly spending two weekends with 10-12 hours in the car with a crabby baby who is crying and trying to climb out of his car seat (but thankfully not being able to) is not my idea of fun. And with no travel plans of that length in the next 12 months planned, I feel absolutely no duty to get him used to it. And truth be told, the girls are excited they get their daddy all to themselves this weekend and get to take a trip with just him. So in the end, I think it will be best for Little Man and myself to stay home. Not to mention next Friday, before the sun rises, dh leaves to go away for 9 days. So I'm glad the girls will get some time alone with him before he has to leave for such a long time. This will be the second time in our married life he has done this (last time I was pregnant and we were living with his grandparents so I wasn't really alone). I admit I am nervous because I will be alone and I have all three kids, and well frankly, I have lost a bit of control with the girls lately. Which brings me to my next point ...

- I have lost control of my girls lately. Now granted they are young, so by lost control I mean they aren't cleaning up their toys very well and telling me no a lot lately when I ask them to do something. I try very hard to not just say "PUT THAT AWAY!" I try to say "Girls, can you please put those toys away?" And they will look at me now and say No. It is very frustrating to say the least! So last night I called a family meeting (our first ever btw) and we talked about it. They have promised to try harder and I have promised to not yell so much at them (which if they listen I should not have to yell! LOL!) It was all good and this morning they woke up and cleaned their room without me ever having to say anything to them at all. Nice!

Phew. There is more to say but I have to feed these kiddies of mine! Adios.

No comments: