Thursday, August 10, 2006

I have a twin ...

I swear it. It doesn't matter that she looks like her parents, I look like mine, we were born in different months and in different years (although really it's only about a year that separates us). I swear we are twins. We are so alike it's scary. And yet, it's exciting!
I love calling her and talking to her. We see eye to eye on so many issues - and the issues we don't see eye to eye on, well, we are able to disagree politely and not get upset about it. We can talk about anything and everything, and actually we do! I can call her and say "I know this is crazy, but I was thinking ...." and chances are she has had the same thought! And then we laugh because we were both sure that we were the only person EVER in the world to think that.
I feel like I have a bestest friend ever - and well, apart from dh (which is great and I love him, but come on, every girl needs a girlfriend) I've never really had a best friend like this before.
I can laugh with her, cry with her, have her come over and help me great ready for a big fancy evident, or she could come over while the kids and I are still in pajamas, last nights dishes in the sink and me being exhausted cause the baby was sick and kept me up all night. And I wouldn't feel self-conscious or worried that she might think badly of me. I would be relieved she was over helping me get through the day! I could call her and ask her to babysit in a pinch or I could call her and tell her to get a babysitter cause we are going out to lunch sans kids!
I LOVE it. I have not had this kind of comradery with anyone before. It's amazing. I love it. And I can't imagine how I survived so long without that kind of friend in my life. I'm just glad that I did find it and she doesn't think I'm strange or weird or crazy (okay, well, she might actually think that about me, but it doesn't scare her away from being my friend! LOL!)
Okay. I'm all done gushing now. I just realized that I'm truly lucky to have this and I wanted to write about it

No comments: