Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Lessons from my 5 year old ...

Isn't it amazing when a child can teach you a lesson that is so profound and deep, yet in that child's innocence they have no idea the power of her own word?
Today we watched the movie Radio Radio (2003) Movie Preview - Cuba Gooding Jr., Ed Harris, S. Epatha Merkerson, Riley Smith, Debra Winger, Alfre Woodard, and ...
She is enjoying the movie. Right away she was appalled by the first act towards Radio. We talked about being nice, and all that jazz. I was kind of waiting for her to ask about Radio, ya know, maybe why he didn't talk a lot at first, or other questions like that. She didn't ask, so I asked her if she noticed anything about Radio she wanted to ask me about. She just responded, "Yeah. He is nervous around people until he gets to know them better. But, I'm nervous too." And that was the end of that.
Yeah. I felt all of about 2 inches high. It seems as adults we are programmed to right away notice the differences, but she instantly found something she had in common with him. And that folks, is our lesson of the day, courtesy of my 5 year old.

No comments: