Friday, July 06, 2007

Once Again ...

I'm awake at much too late of an hour. Insomnia is, pardon the expression, a bitch. I have read far too many books lately (although they have been good books at least), stayed up late knitting far too long, and have had too much trouble waking up in the morning. I have circles under my eyes that I'm sure make people wonder what is wrong with me.
This just absolutely sucks. I just want to sleep like a normal person. I want to lay down with my dh and wake up feeling awake and refreshed.
:::sigh::: And I keep thinking with all these extra awake hours, I should be getting lots and lots of things done, ya know? But my brain just stops working and I can't do much that requires a lot of thought. And so it is merely wasted time, time to wish I was sleeping while I'm really doing nothing much at all. It wouldn't be so bad if I could stay up late and accomplish things. And if I was one of those people who could live on 6 hours of sleep. But I don't do much and I need a lot more than 6 hours of sleep. I figure eventually I will just fall asleep out of pure exhaustion at like 8 at night. I can only hope!
Anyway, I'm off to read and hopefully even fall asleep sometime soon!

PS I wanted to add, I have majorly cut back on my coca-cola consumption lately - mostly because it's bad in gerenal but also to make sure that the caffeine is not an issue with this insomnia. So far it isn't helping too much. I have even gone a gone a few days without having any coke at all (seriously, this is a major feat for me). I don't know - maybe there was so much caffeine in my body built up that it's still affecting me?). Well, so far it has not made many changes. Although I do know it's healthier for me in the long run.

No comments: