Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Hmmm ...

Well, I might have the ability to babysit for someone full time. I'm feeling very torn about it.
First, it would be a blessing on our budget - if I funneled the money just into the kids extra activities, that would be SO helpful on our pocketbook. I think it would work out - she's a 4 year old we've met before and her and my 4 year old hit it off really well in the past. Plus I would be helping another mom out, and that would feel super nice! She starts kindergarten next year, so I'm almost 100% positive that the gig wouldn't last more than one year - which is nice because I don't have to think about if I'll want to do it in 2 years, kwim?

However, I'm pretty sure it would be Mon-Fri 8-6. And well, sometimes I get into issues with getting doctor's appointments for me because I can't find someone to take my kids during the day - what would I do with another child here? Switch to places that do work on weekends and evenings? Do I really want to switch my doctors? Honestly - nope!
Second, will I leave the house less if I have four kids underfoot? I would like to say no because, well, she is 4 afterall! I won't need diapers or strollers or bottles or anything like that for her, but yet, I might stay home just because, kwim? And I don't want to do that!

Anyway, I'm really thinking and praying about doing this. I have been telling dh if I could babysit to pick up money I'd consider it, but now that an offer is on the table, well, I'm sort of scared! Not to mention, I had high hopes in my etsy store, but seeing as that isn't taking off so well - maybe I do need to really do this and have another child around here!

Hmmm ... decisions, decisions!

No comments: