Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Holy tired ...

You would think if I took a sleeping pill last night, and went to bed earlier than I have in who knows how long, I might wake up feeling refreshed and awake. Well, you might think that. I thought that was how it would work.
However, it is now noon - I took the pill 14 hours ago and I feel so darn groggy and tired. I want to just lay down and take a nap! I am feeling a bit what I call loopy in the head. This is not good for today. We are supposed to go downtown this evening to mingle with my dh's coworkers, and with the children none-the-less. I need to wake up. I need someone to come over here and slap me a few times and shout WAKE UP!

What I will probably do is nap in a few minutes. Then take a bath with Little Man, then take a quick shower to wash my hair as we hop in the car to try to make it to dh's work on-time to get down to the festivities this evening on time. And I will be praying that whole time the pill works its way out of my system (and with as much water as I've been drinking, you would think that it wouldn't be there anymore.

Oh well, on the plus side, I did fall asleep much better last night. And with as out of it as I feel right now, I"m thinking I'll fall asleep pretty easily tonight as well!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hope you wake up. I have struggled with insomnia for years, but have been afraid of the pills, for that very reason. I'll be praying for you.
Kim