Thursday, June 28, 2007

Clutter ...

My house has a lot of clutter. Mind you, most of it is artfully hidden (in boxes behind doors that company should never open or above the garage or tucked in the corner of the laundry room). Most of the clutter is hidden, and yet, lately, it has been taunting me.
Clutter has never bothered me before. And now, all of a sudden, I feel compelled to go through it all, toss part of it, give the most of it away and only keep a few things. I never get this urge. But for the last two weeks, it's all I can think of. Strange really. And I have a few projects with deadlines. But once those are done and over with, I am taking a break from all other projects. And I think I'm going to tackle some boxes and some clutter and get rid of as much as possible.
But it's a farce really. Because I think (and I could be reaching here) my mind feels very cluttered lately. But I don't want to tackle it. I don't want to think. I don't want to ask myself the tough questions nor do I want to answer them. So I think trying to clean out my boxes is really an excuse to procrastinate and avoid. Which, although, wouldn't be healthy to do forever, really, I don't think a few weeks will hurt. Maybe by then I'll be ready .... and in the meantime, my clutter-hating-husband will sure appreciate any and all efforts I make to get rid of the clutter.

No comments: