Monday, April 16, 2007

My heart is breaking ...

for all of those affected by the shootings at Virginia Tech today. I signed on to AOL to catch up on e-mail and the story was right there on the welcome page. My heart stopped for a second, my stomach flip-flopped and I as read through the story, my eyes filled with tears.
I don't for one second understand why in the world anyone would feel they needed to do that. I just can't wrap my mind around it for one second. It makes me sad and it makes me angry.
And my heart is aching for all those families and friends who were forced to say good-bye today to loved ones because the act of one person.
I hope you too are keeping them in your prayers.

2 comments:

An Ordinary Mom said...

We are definitely keeping all involved in our thoughts and prayers. It breaks my heart to know that classrooms aren't safe anymore.

Damselfly said...

Yes, I've been thinking about these people all day, too....