Sunday, January 14, 2007

Snow Day ...

or really we are getting an ice day.
We are supposed to get sleet falling for a few hours here tonight, followed by 3-5 or 4-6" of snow (depending on which station you watch) tomorrow.
So my dd, who has her homeschooling co-op classes tomorrow, is getting an ice day. They called it tonight.
This is fabulous imo! Tomorrow is going to be an unpleasant day I think, and if I don't have to drive in it, let alone, drive with the kids, well, that's good news to this momma!
The only bummer is her play was supposed to be tomorrow night as well. She is currently sleeping in curlers so her hair is just so for the play. And now it is being bumped two weeks. Oh well ... it means tomorrow that she will get to run around with curly hair! And we will probably all remain in pajamas all day.
I have a roast ready to go in the crock pot in the am, I'll whip up some bread for some nice dinner rolls and lounge around as we watch the snow fall.
That should be a nice way to start the week ... of course, dh and I were hoping winter weather would hold off until after we were all moved, but it seems winter took most of November and all of December off, it was time for it to re-appear around here!
I just hope we don't get slammed as hard as OK ... I feel terrible for the weather out there and so sad for what they are going through.

No comments: