Saturday, August 04, 2007

My Brain is Fried ...

Today, the one day my dh was supposed to be home all day, of course, he got called into work. I was out for 90 minutes this am for the chiro appointment for my dd and myself. Then I came home, he was here for about an hour and back to work he went. I had 3 extra kids here, was feeling very stressed out and not ready to deal with all the kids by myself. I didn't have much of a choice though.

Bad news from the chiro - the MRI of my jaw showed that the joint is deteriorated far more than normal for my age. Lovely. That was just what I wanted to hear. Or not. So I'll have to have a copy sent over to my dentist and I'm going to bet he will send me to an oral surgeon. I don't know. I suppose I am way over thinking this. Maybe even though is more than normal for my age, it's not that bad. However, it means we need to get things in my mouth in working order because the stress of my jaw not moving correctly is most likely what is causing all the wear and tear in there. The chiro is positive she can help fix the tracking issue, but of course she can't fix the damage that is currently there. ::sigh:: As my dh said today, well at least now we know more clearly is going on in there. And that can't be a bad thing.

Anyway, the kids were quite overwhelming to me today. I know they weren't trying to be, but there was a lot of arguing and fights and this one is mad at this one and that one said something mean to this one, blah blah, blah. I tried to get them involved in activities that I thought would help, but most of my ideas didn't fly with them. Oh well. I tried. And now they are gone - and not two minutes after they left my oldest dd asked if someone else could come over and spend the night! I very calmly told her that tonight was not a good night for that, when I wanted to scream NO WAY!!!!! NO MORE CHILDREN CAN COME OVER! EVER AGAIN!

For the rest of tonight I am going to try to relax. Tomorrow I have quite a few things that I need to accomplish and I think just not doing anything tonight will go a long way to making me feel more human!

No comments: