Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Saying hi ...

Not a lot really to share at the moment honestly!
Things are going here ...
Actually, I have to say "school" is going fabulously =) My 5 year old is blowing me away. I can not believe how fast she is learning things, how quickly she absorbs them, how into her work she (usually) is. Last week she read her first book by herself. It was the Bob book number 1 - pretty simple, but she did it on her own! Today she read Bob book number 2 by herself! She is getting so good with her reading. She is flying through her reading lessons ... she is getting better at not having to sound out every single word. I'm just amazed ... just absolutely amazed by her! Math is going so well ... we have all this learning going on! My dh and I are just amazed by her and all that she can do!
Not only that, but my littlest one has changed so dramatically in the last month - the way she talks, the phrases she uses .. they sound so much more grown up lately. She is trying new things - just amazing me constantly too! And she wants to be like big sister ... yesterday morning, could barely move a mouse at all ... today, she can play very simple games! I can't beleive it! And she's so proud of herself "I won! I won!" she tells me "high five mom" she says so happily with her hand in the air waiting for me! I love it! I can't believe all of this. Somedays I feel like I'm living in a dream ...

But of course, there is always something to remind me that it's not a dream! LOL! My back is worse than it has ever been (aside from when I slipped a disc). I'm dying. Ugh. Both sides of my pelvis area are not doing well (of course, not just one side anymore @@), it hurts to bend over ... and of course bending over has to be done a million times a day ... getting clothes out of the drawers, doing laundry, doing dishes, helping the kids, picking things up, blah, blah, blah ... I know in the grand scheme it is relatively small and minor, but it's an issue none-the-less and it is affecting what I can and can't do. I feel like I need to not move to not feel pain. Dh told me to just take tylenol or something, but I hate to take medicine right now. I've taken so much this pregnancy already it feels like, that I'm afraid to take more.
I guess the good news is that so far I haven't taken medicine ... the pain is not constant and it's not very bad all the time. I can still manage with it, most of the time. A couple of times a day, I'm really wanting to take something, but if I lay down for a while, that helps enough. That and ice and just trying to think of other things! Hopefully, I can manage to keep the pain at that level and not let it get worse. I see the PT again tomorrow so we'll see what happens ...

Other than that, it's just same old around here.

1 comment:

Melodee said...

Uh-oh, you have comment spam. Turn on word verification and that will go away.

It's probably too much to hope that your pain goes away (pregnancy sucks in so many ways), but I hope it does anyway. Hang in there!