Saturday, September 10, 2005

Stop growing!

Today my youngest turned 3. She's 3! I can't believe she is 3 years old! Where did the time go? I feel like I just gave birth to her yesterday, and now, in a blink of an eye, she is 3! I just am still amazed. And of course, not only did she turn 3 today, but over the last month she has really changed and grown a lot. The way she talks now, it just sounds older. All of a sudden she can do things "by myself" and doesn't need the same amount of help that she needed just a short time ago.
Just growing and changing right before my very eyes. And it's so bittersweet. Half of me is saying "Woo-hoo! You go girl!" and the other half wants to cry out "Stop it! Stop growing right now! You may not get any older!"
But it was a good day for her. We had a party this even ... about 18 people were here. It went well. She had fun and of course has a million and one new toys to play with =)
She is so proud that it's her birthday ... so sweet. It's been a good day ... and I haven't even shed a tear over her birthday yet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! My almost three year old is doing the same things! His speech is becoming so "grown up" almost over night. Now his favorite phrase is "I do, I do" He has to do everything for himself. It takes 10 times as long to get it done, but alas, I know I have to be patient and let him do things for himself. LOL