Monday, August 22, 2005

Relief in sight ...

I am so happy! I went for my first physical therapy appointment today. I really expected them to say something along the lines of "You're pregnant. That's why your back hurts. There's nothing to do until the baby is born."
Apparently, that's not it at all! My hip joint is all out of place and not moving on the left side. And that is exciting because that can be worked on and fixed! YEAH! I am just so happy! Today she moved it about 50% back into place. I will go back Wednesday to try to get it back all the way, and to see if it has stayed where she put it today or if it popped out again. She tried to manipulate it back all the way today, but it is apparently stubborn and didn't want to move. She thinks that is actually a good thing becuase she said a lot of times she can pop it back in but it's pops out very quickly. We are hoping since it isn't moving around so easily that once she gets it back into place, it will stay in place for the rest of the pregnancy, or at least for a while! Woo-hoo! I sure hope so.
But I'll go back Wednesday to check it, try to get it into place. And then one time next week and one time the following week. And we'll see how it is looking at that point to decide when and if I need to come back. This is just so nice. That there is a reason and it can be worked on. Yeah!!!

On another note, we are trying to plan a trip to the planetarium by us as part of our Solar System unit. And Stacy, if you still read this, it's all thanks to you! You asked me about science/social studies and I wasn't really planning on doing anything with it, but decided to and we are having so much fun with it! My 5 year old is having so much fun learning about the solar system and the planets!

So, okay, just excited about relief for my back! So nice!! LOL!

No comments: