Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Trying to understand ...

The Iraqi war report was released today ....
I have admittedly skimmed only parts of it and read more summaries than anything. I understand a lot of what they are saying ...
But it has been said in the story that one thing they heard from leaders in the area is that the US needs to help the Isreal-Palastinian conflict get resolved. Huh? It seems almost everything else I read says people are mad at us for being involved, mostly on the side of Isreal, and want us to butt out.
And so I am left scratching my head.
I have said it before and I truly feel this way (and I could be wrong, but yet I do feel this way) the US is stuck. We are damned if we help and damned if we don't help. No matter what people will be upset with our actions.
I think it makes it tough on the those in charge to figure out what to do ...

I do need to read more of this report and really try to understand the entire report and get the context of the things said in instead of just the news snippets. ...

In non-political news, please be a part of my contest (see, I'm so desperate here, I'm bribing people to leave comments LOL!)

No comments: