We spent 5 hours looking at houses today.
My brain is fried from the houses. I'm glad we took our camera with because no other way would we have remembered things about all those houses, especially the ones towards the end!
My most fav is not even on dh's radar. Of course.
His most fav is okay with me. In fact, had we not seen the other one I feel in love with, dh and I would have had the same favorite place!
The problem is - it is a bit out of our price range. We will place an offer tomorrow I think, but we aren't holding our breath for them to accept. The list price is 330,000. We will offer 300,000 tomorrow. We'll see what happens ... I suppose 310 would be okay with us. Unfortunately, it also had the highest tax rate of any house we looked at, so that has to be taken into consideration as well. If the taxes were lower, we could probably be okay at 315-320. The only thing in our favor would be if interest rates could drop again - then that would help ease the burden of it all! I doubt interest rates will drop too low though ....
We'll see. If we were to get it, things would be tight moving there - not so tight that it would be hard to breath, but tight enough that we would have to lose some of our "luxuries" and I would have to learn to budget better and stick to a better budget truth be told.
I also wish we could put at least 20% down so that PMI won't be an issue, but it seems that barring some miracle of sorts, we won't be able to put down 20% without literally wiping out every cent of savings, which we do not want to do at all. Can you imagine, being sort of tight on the monthly budget and then having no savings? Way to scary of a thought for me.
Maybe I'll cross my fingers that dh gets a bonus at work, a raise soon, the market tapers off even more, and interest rates drop - all in about a one week span! Then I could have the house that is dh's number 1 and my number 2!!