Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Rough day today ...

Well, it started as a normal day, but it didn't stay fun.
I don't know what happened ... if I did too much, if I got dehydrated, but man, early evening the contractions started. Painful, but not regular. I had about 4 an hour for a few hours ... not the 5 needed to call the midwives (which I'm glad for because that means it wasn't really anything to be that concerned with). All I know is at about 7:30 I got off my feet and started to guzzle water like there was no tomorrow. And when I say a lot of water, I mean a lot of water ... roughly 125 ounces in the last 5 hours. Good news is that the contractions have stopped. The bad news is that I have a killer headache that makes me want to scream and I feel sick to my stomach (gee, maybe because it's going to explode from all the water @@)
Ugh. I have to admit, I did start to get very nervous earlier tonight. I don't even want to think about what would happen should labor *really start. I know what happened tonight was not real labor, but I tell you what, with how I was feeling ... for a tiny bit of time, I was really starting to wonder if I would end up in the ER by the time this night ended. I am trying so hard not to worry about things ... and I think I have done well with controlling it through much of the pregnancy, but it's just getting to the point where I'm starting to feel out of control with the worrying again. It's not a fun feeling either. I don't like it and I know I have to start working to get it under control.
There are just too many things going on in life right now ... that's the problem. I feel over-loaded. I need a break, to get away from it all for about 48 hours - to have nothing to think about, nothing to do, nothing to plan, no lists to make, etc, etc. I also know that won't be happening for quite some time.
Oh well, I will get through it. And hopefully tomorrow will be a better day ... that is if I can get some sleep tonight between all the times I will have to go pee!

No comments: