Thursday, December 29, 2005

A little break ....

My darling daughters went to my mom's house Tuesday. They were to spend the night and come home Wednesday but called Wednesday and asked to stay there one more night. Dh and I said sure.
Now, don't get me wrong, I miss them terribly!! And the house seems a bit empty without them running around and no barbies or dolls to step over. And I love seeing them with the baby.
But in my mind I thought Yes! I am getting a little break! And then in my mind I thought of all the fun things I would do with my break. I have a new sewing machine to play with, a new MP3 player to put music on, books to read, things to knit, a new computer game to play .... oh, how much fun I was going to have!
Well, let me tell you what I've actually done. I did one load of laundry, vaccuumed, managed to feed myself during the day, took a shower yesterday, and have pretty much slept whenever the baby slept!!
They will be returning home in about 2 hours, and well, I haven't really done a lot of fun stuff!!
But that's okay with me ... I was tired. I needed sleep. And there will be plenty of time to play later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for your break!!! = )

Just wanted to come by & wish you & your family a super duper fantastic 2006 New Year!!!!