Smoov tagged me earlier to tell you 6 weird things about me. Although you might learn 6 things about me, I'm afraid what you'll really learn is how boring I am LOL!
"THE RULES: Each player of this game starts with the "6 weird things about you." People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says "you are tagged" in their comments and tell them to read your blog."
1. I recently decided I want to live on and work a (very) small farm. Which is funny because my parents are farmers and growing up all I could think was I don't want to be a farmer LOL!
2. I hated school, until high school. Not much made sense before then and all of a sudden in 8th grade, things finally clicked. And now I love school. And I love learning things. I have a feeling I will be back at school again someday, but now isn't that time.
3. Mostly because of the above, I feel that academics really can be delayed until later in childhood - which is pretty contrary to what I see going on around me. But since I homeschool, I can do what I want with my kids and we are very relaxed with structure and formal education with them right now - they are young. They learn more through reading books they've picked from the library, playing games and using those pretend situations to "solve" things, and what not. More than one person has voiced concern about our path (but surprising a few people have actually agreed with it!)
4. ALL I wanted to be when I was growing up was a school teacher. Once I got my degree - all I didn't want to be was a teacher. (homeschooling doesn't count because I don't have a boss LOL). When I have to pick a career, I will be taking some time to explore more options and really wish I had done this while I was still in school some time. Oh well. Good thing we are allowed to go to college for more than one degree! LOL
5. I take everything very literally. Which means I'm easy to trick and often don't get sarcasm. My mom says I was like this even at a quite young age. Apparently, I haven't been able to outgrow it?
6. I hate going to parties/gatherings/etc and having to talk to people. Just hate it. And get very nervous about it, which usually means I spit out kind of stupid things. Ugh. Have I mentioned I hate it? Because I really hate it.
So there you go, 6 weird things about me ... but I'm not sure I'm not all that weird ... but maybe you'll think otherwise!
I'm not going to tag anyone, but if you read this and want to play, please do - and leave me a comment so I can come read it! =)