Sunday, February 13, 2005

Meow ....

So yesterday evening ... and not even late evening ... I watched the movie The Grudge.
Now, I don't like thrillers that much. I don't like scary movies, so why this movie was even picked is beyond me. It's no secret that it's a scary movie. But I didn't pick it, but I conceded to watch it ....
I survived the movie. Didn't like it. Probably won't ever watch it again, nor do I have any desire to see the original Japenese movie it was based on.

Anyway, last night at around 12:30 in the morning, I was going to bed. I turned off the living room light ... pretty much the only light left on as I was last to go to bed ... and the second the light went off I heard "meow, meow." I kid you not, I jumped up. I'm surprised I didn't have a massive heart attack that prevented me from even typing this up becuase I thought I was going to die.
Turns out, my 5 year old's toy cat was left on in the living room and decided to talk. This is a mystery because usually the cat only responds to touch. I slowly approached the cat, the entire time thinking of a scene in Chucky where the mom discovers Chucky was never even turned on (which is about as far as I got in that movie before I got too chicken to watch it). Thankfully, her cat was turned on and did indeed have batteries have in it.
But it took me forever to fall asleep last night. Ever little creak in the house, every sound, every noise, made me want to wake up my dh and tell him to go and check things out for me.

I admitted today to my dh what happened (he was not around to watch the movie with me). He of course chuckled and shook his head at me. I suppose I should have known better. And in the future, I think I will refrain from watching movies like that!! LOL!

No comments: